Happy National Tequila Day!
Wed 02 Aug 2017
Celebrate with this twist on the Tequila Sunrise from Cornish chef & food entrepreneur James Strawbridge, packed with healthy ingredients and half the sugar content of the traditional cocktail.
“Tequila is the spirit of 2017 – this summer’s hottest drink is the Tequila Sunrise. To give it that healthy kick, I’ve added kale into the mix – a nutritional powerhouse packed with antioxidants.”
CLARK’S TEQUILA SUNRISE
- 60ml Cazcabel Blanco tequila
- 1 tsp Clarks It Carob Syrup
- 50ml orange juice
- 100ml fresh kale juice – blend baby kale with a little water in a blender and strain
- 15ml grenadine
- Glass of ice cubes
- 1 red chilli
- Fill up glass with ice and add tequila and Clarks Carob Syrup.
- Add the orange juice and stir thoroughly. Then top with kale juice.
- Pour the grenadine down the side of the glass so that it settles at the bottom and appears like a sunrise. Ideally some clear colour layers blending from red, orange, yellow to green hues.
- Garnish with a kale leaf and red chilli ring on the rim.
Share This Post